Mairangi Swim School COVID Protection Framework Protocols
The NZ Government set out the Covid Protection Framework (Traffic Light System) in response to the Covid 19 pandemic. The Mairangi Swim School can operate at all levels on the Covid Protection Framework.
The Mairangi Swim School has set out protocols and measures to help keep our swimmers, staff and visitors safer. Our measures and protocols are set out for you below and are regularly reviewed to ensure the effectiveness of our response.
Red light and Orange light (adhering to capacity limits):
- Mask wearing is compulsory (for those over 12 years) in the Swim School, except for those with a mask exemption and people in the pool. Swimming parents, please put your mask on when you get out of the pool and wear it in the changing rooms.
- If your swimmer is sick and isolating, please do not come swimming. Please phone or email the Swim School and use our make-up system.
- Please arrive 2-3 minutes before your class changed and ready to swim. After your lesson we encourage you and your swimmer to 'wrap-and-go'. Changing rooms and toilet facilities are open should you need.
- Before your lesson, please assemble in the waiting area (stand on shell), your teacher will call the swimmers to the pool for their lesson. Parents, please remain in the waiting area with your swimmer, moving onto the pool deck when your swimmer is called for their lesson. Please sit 1 metre apart on the pool deck.
- We are trying to reduce the numbers in the Swim School, please try to bring only one carer per family. In busy times we may need to ask parents and swimmers to wait outside until the previous class finishes.
- Our hygiene routines ensure surfaces are regularly cleaned throughout the day. In the pool, teachers will wear face shields, sanitise equipment, minimise sharing of equipment and encourage distance between swimmers where possible. Poolside teachers (evenings) are not required to wear masks.
Protocols and measures for Green light will be assessed closer to the time.