Mairangi Swim School COVID-19 Alert Level 2 (August 2020) Protocols:
- Unwell? Do not come to swimming. Please use our Make Up system. Please phone in advance of your lesson to let us know you will not be attending, then at a later date book a make up lesson.
- Contact Tracing – On entry, please scan the QR code displayed.
- Please use hand sanitiser on the office counter on entry to the building.
- Staff have implemented thorough cleaning and hygiene routines in the pool and building.
Classes and Teaching:
- Teachers will be in the water (for water safety and efficacy of teaching), maintaining their distance where possible.
- Parents of Kindy children are welcome to join the teachers in the pool to assist with hands on teaching methods, however this is not compulsory and for most children not necessary.
- Every effort will be made to physically distance children in the pool, and class sizes reduced where possible.
- No play times.
- No loan equipment (e.g. togs, goggles).
- Changing rooms are open, however where possible we encourage the children to arrive and leave in togs.
Managing the ‘flow’ of people around the building:
- Please arrive 1-2 minutes before your lesson and wait in the TV waiting area for the start of your lesson time. Follow the instruction on the white board; children stand on a ‘shell’ in their class line.
- Enter the pool deck at the office end, exit the pool deck at the changing room end.
- Please only one adult per family to enter the Swim School where possible. No visitors.
- Please maintain a physical distance of 1m or more from other families when inside the building where possible.